Mavri Rahi is the trademark of Psara. It is located on the southern tip of the peninsula of Palaiokastro and is comprised of two churches built as one. They are dedicated to Saint Anne and Saint John the Baptist. During the revolution, the inhabitants placed cannons on Mavri Rahi and turned the place into a fortress. This act went down in history as the 120 defenders decided to sacrifice themselves by blowing the whole place up when they saw that their firght is hopeless. Today, there is a monument in this place to honor the heroes of 1824.